Joint Seat Allocation Authority, commonly known as JoSAA held its very first meeting on 2nd may 2015 where it was decided that Joint seat allocation for all the academic courses will be done on Joint basis by 88 institutes of year right from the academic year 2015-16 by JoSAA itself. In this meeting, the memorandum was signed between various authorities who agreed that all the institutions will follow tha same platform for admissions.
Joint Seat Allocation Sequence
- All contenders to academic program at various IITs
- All contenders to academic programs at IIITs
- All contenders to academic programs at ISM Dhanbad
- All state contenders to academic programs at BITM and various NITS
For the purpose of Joint second round seat allocation, qualified candidates are partitioned into different categories based on (birth) categories, nationality and presence or absence of disability. In addition to this, candidatesare also assigned a state code of eligibility, which means the code of the state from where the candidate has passed Class 12 by virtue of which the candidate becomes eligible to appear in JEE Main 2017.
JoSAA 2017 2nd round seat allotment
Also, the total intake for an academic program is divided into different seat categories. The number of seats available for JoSAA 2nd round seat allotment in different categories or quotas will be announced in the online portal. Then the various types of rank lists depending upon different categories of candidates are prepared.
Multiple Student – Same Rank Rule
Suppose that, under a particular seat category for an academic program,
(i) There are m > 0 seats left to be filled and
(ii) There are n (m < n) candidates with the same category-wise rank
Seeking admission to this academic program, then all the n candidates will be offered admission; in this case, there will be (n − m) seats. Using these formulae, the final allotment is done by the administration of the examination. These will be notifiable factory of JoSAA 2nd round seat allotment.
More on JoSAA 2017
- JoSAA 2017 Seat Allotment (Seat Booking Process)
- JoSAA 2017 Participating colleges & institutes
- JoSAA 2017 Important Dates [ Key Dates ]
- JoSAA 2017 Eligibility Criteria- All Factors
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (Complete Details)
- What is Joint Seat Allocation Authority?