Joint Seat Allocation Association or JoSAA is a mutual agreement form to make the admission procedure simple and direct.On 2nd May 2015, in the IIT (Indian institute of Technology) Bombay campus, the JoSAA had its very first meeting. The procedure of seat allocation will be commenced from July 2018, through a common web portal. From now on, 80 NITs, IITs and other technical institutes will make available 32000 seats to the students at one single platform to choose from.
JoSAA 2018 First Round Seat Allotment
Thus, from 2017-18, it has been decided that all the institutes will follow a same pattern and criteria for the admissions. The admissions will take place on the online basis only to avoid any confusions and unfairness. Only a candidate who has scored a high rank in the JEE Advance 2018 can aspire to seek admission in IITs and ISM.The ranks of JEE are not only considered essential in these two institutions ,but are also used by NITs, and other institutes which are partially or fully funded by the Central or the State government.
On the first week of July 2018, the first round of JoSAA seat allotment will take place and only the qualifiers of JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2018 will be allowed to participate in this.
The candidates have full freedom to choose and apply for the programs as per their choice and desire but the seats are allocated only after considering important factors like:
Factors Considered For JEE first round Seat Allocation 2018 :
- The category in which the candidate falls i.e. whether he falls in General, SC, ST, OBC, NCL, etc category
- The position secured by the candidate in the rank list.
- The JoSAA availability of seats in different seat categories
- The programs chosen by the candidate according to the priority.
Due to this, all the candidates are suggested to keep these factors in mind before appearing for the examination.
More on JoSAA 2018
- JoSAA 2018 Seat Allotment (Seat Booking Process)
- JoSAA 2018 Participating colleges & institutes
- JoSAA 2018 Important Dates [ Key Dates ]
- JoSAA 2018 Eligibility Criteria- All Factors
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (Complete Details)
- What is Joint Seat Allocation Authority?