Joint Seat Allocation Board or JoSAA is the combination of JAB (Joint Admission Board), representing ISM Dhanbad and IITs and CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board), which makes agreement on behalf of CFTIs and NITs. The main purpose of JoSAA is to provide a common counselling to the exams (two) of JEE and online platform to apply for various engineering colleges across the country.
JoSAA 2017 Information Brochure
On 2nd May 2015, the memo was signed for the same. Now the candidates can apply for 31 NITs, 22 IITs, 18 IIITs and 18 GFTIs and various other institutes through a single registration. Earlier there was a problem of reserving multiple seats but JoSAA helps to eradicate this issue as well. This means that only a single seat can e reserved by the candidates.
The JoSAA information brochure 2017 has been released which indicates all the details. The highlights are as under-
- July First week 2017 has been reserved for choice filling process. It will be from 24th June-28th June 2017 that then first round of seat allotment will be there. In this, only JEE Advanced 2017 and JEE Main 2017 qualifiers can participate.
- There is an eligibility criterion, which needs to be followed. To apply for IITs and ISM, the qualifying exam will be JEE Advanced 2017 while for NITs,IITs , the candidates need to qualify JEE Main 2017 (paper 1 for B.tech admission) and for other GFTIs, JEE Main 2017 (Paper 2 for b.tech admission) needs to be qualified.
- The candidates can apply in the colleges in order of their preference.
- The categories in which the academic program is to be divided are SC, ST, OPEN, OPEN-PwD, OBC,OBC-NCL,OBC-NCL-PwD,ST-PwD and SC-PwD.
- The Joint seat allocation will start from June 2017 and will end on last week of July 2017. By last week of July 2017, the preparatory courses will be started in the institutes.
Click Here to download Complete Brochure for JoSAA [PDF]
Click here to check JoSAA bulletin Online.
More on JoSAA 2017
- JoSAA 2017 Seat Allotment (Seat Booking Process)
- JoSAA 2017 Participating colleges & institutes
- JoSAA 2017 Important Dates [ Key Dates ]
- JoSAA 2017 Eligibility Criteria- All Factors
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (Complete Details)
- What is Joint Seat Allocation Authority?