The JAB (Joint Allocation Board) and CSAB ( Central Seat Allocation Board) have collaborated and the collaboration is known as JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority). The main reasons for this collaboration was to provide a common platform to the engineering aspirants to apply to India’s best engineering institute/college and to remove/eradicate the problem of multi reservation of seats by the candidates.
Who can apply for JoSAA 2017 Seat Allotment
- A high rank is required to be secured by the candidates who are aspiring to seek admission in IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) and ISM (Indian School of Mines) in JEE Advance 2017 exam.
- The ranks of JEE Main 2017 will be used by NITs (National Institutes of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology) and various other technical institutes which are funded partially or fully by the Central or the State government ( other GFTIs).
FACTORS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR SEAT ALLOTMENT
The candidates are given liberty to choose the academic programs and apply for them as per his/her desire. A seat to highest possible choice of the academic program will be allotted/given to the candidates, out of the selected choices. The seats will be allocated only after considering various important factors like-
- The category in which the candidate falls.
- The position which is secured by the candidate in the rank list(s).
- Academic programs, as listed by the candidates, according to the priority.
- The availability of seats or seat quotas in different seat categories.
- The business rules finalized by the JoSSA.
JoSAA 2017 Seat Category
The seats for various academic programs as offered by NITs and the BITM (BirlaInstitute of Technology Mesra) are divided into other state quota and the Home state quota, which includes all states and the Union Territories except the Home state. The seats for the academic programs as offered by other GFTIs (except BITM) are divided into All India Quota and Home State Quota.
It is to be noted that the Home state quota is only for those candidates whose home state ( as determined by State Code of Eligibility), is same as state in which institute is located.
The seats will be allocated by JoSAA 2017 after considering seat matrix data which will be provided by various participating institutes. These institutes provide the seat data matrix after considering the policies and reservations which are decided by them or are applicable to them.
Check more details here:
- JoSAA 2017 Participating colleges & institutes
- JoSAA 2017 Important Dates [ Key Dates ]
- JoSAA 2017 Eligibility Criteria- All Factors
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (Complete Details)
- What is Joint Seat Allocation Authority?