All the details regarding the JoSAA (Joint Seat Allotment Authority) i.e. the details brochure has been released. The highlights of the same are given below (From The year 2021)-
- From 1st July -5th July 2015, the process of choice filling will start. On 7th July 2015, the first round of seat allotment will take place. Only the qualifiers of JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2021 will be allowed to participate in this.
- The eligibility criteria (qualifying examination) of the candidates applying for the respective institute is as follows-
- For seeking admission in IITs and ISM the qualifying examination is JEE Advanced 2021.
- For seeking admission in NITs and other GFTIs, the qualifying exam is JEE Main 2021 Paper 1 and JEE Main 2021 Paper 2 for B.Tech Admission respectively.
It is to be noted that admission is not ensured just by qualifying these exams. The eligibility criteria of each institute are to be fulfilled as well.
The candidates can apply for the courses and colleges in order of preference. The seat categories of the academic program (the total intake for an academic program is divided into various seat categories) are OPEN, OPEN-PwD, ST, SC, OBC-NCL, SC-PwD, and ST-PwD. The important dates of Joint Seat Allotment Authority are-
- JEE Advanced and JEE Main 2021 AIRs will be released on 18th June and 1st July 2019 respectively.
- From 1st-5th July 2019, the candidates will fill in their choice of academic programs.
- The display of mock seat allocation will be on 4th July 2019.
- First, a second and third round of seat allocation will be on 7th, 13th, and 19th July 2021 respectively.
- Acceptance of seat in round 1, 2 and 3 will be on 8th, 14th and 20th July 2021 respectively.
- The display of filled seats and availability of seats after 1st, 2nd and 3rd round will be on 13th, 18th, and 21st respectively.
- The academic sessions at IITs and ISM will begin from 28th July onwards.
- The allocation of seats for preparatory courses at IITs and ISM and the fourth round of seat allocation for NITS, Triple IIts, and other GFTIs will be on 21st July 2021.
- The acceptance of seats for preparatory courses at IITs and ISM and acceptance of seats of the fourth round (NITS, IIITs and other GFTIS) will be on 23rd July 2021.
- Beginning of preparatory courses at IITs and ISM and academic courses at NITs, IIITs and GFTIS will be on 28th July 2021.
More about Joint Seat Allotment Authority
Below given links can provide you more detailed and latest information on JoSAA 2021.