There will not be Any Spot Round this year
JoSAA or Joint State Allocation Authority is a mutual understanding memorandum that was signed between different authorities in order to regulate the admissions at various IITs, IIITs, NITs, GFTI and ISM. It held its first meeting on 2 May 2015 at IIT-Bombay campus, which was organized by HRD Ministry of India.
JoSAA 2021 Spot round
JoSAA aims to provide a standard procedure of admissions to the students and make this phase easier for them. Now, a single platform will be followed to conduct admissions for 32000 seats at 80 institutions (IITs, IIITs, NITs, GFTI and ISM).
JoSAA Spot Round Eligibility Criteria:
- Those candidates can appear for the spot round who are the registered ones but have not got any seat during the earlier rounds of seat allotment process.
- The candidates whose seats have been forfeited on accounts of any changes regarding the Category, gender, PwD Status, etc. but the candidates are equally eligible in spite the changes.
- The candidates who failed to register themselves between July 2021.
However, it must be noted that the candidates who have once registered themselves during the specified dates need not to register themselves again with JoSAA.
JoSAA Spot Round counselling 2021
- The spot round will be held for the seats that will remain vacant after the completion of all the rounds of counseling at IIITs, IITs, NITs, GFTIS and ISM Dhanbad.
- The list of availability of the seats for the spot round will be displayed after the final round of counseling.
- Candidates can view the cutoff after the completion of round 3.
Spot Sound Fees Payment
The exact sum of fees for the spot round has not been mentioned by JoSAA until now but it will release a notification very soon. Fee for JoSAA will be 45,000 for GEN, OBC-NCL or Foreign candidates and Rs. 20,000 for SC, ST, GEN-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD or ST-PwD candidates.
Students are advised to visit the this website frequently for any notifications.
More on JoSAA 2021